Monday, September 19, 2011

Back To Milwaukee

I realize that Katie and I have been in our apartment for about 2 months now, but I figured I'd just state it. What's funny is that after all the moving debacles of my Vicar year (four times! beat that!), Katie and I see the prospect of living for an entire year in one place as long term.

This is Katie and I's first move back to a city where we've been before, and we're well adjusted by now. For those who'd like to visit or are curious, we're in a quadplex (I don't know any other term...) near 92nd and Capitol, and two fellow seminarians are above and beside my unit. We think it's the biggest unit we've lived in (besides, of course, the Vicar mansion we inhabited for a few months in Madison), and just the perfect size to fit our things and still be roomy.

It's convenient in that we're close to highway 45, which gives quick access to the interstate, and Mayfair Mall and the Synod Headquarters (for now...) are just around the corner. We have a little bit of a backyard we share with the other guys, but it's something. Oh, and there's a dog park nearby, but it's pretty puny and nasty compared to the grand dog park across from Resurrection in Verona (and the medium size one near to the Verona library, for that matter). But we'll live, I still have a bike...

Now, the one thing that's not ideal is the distance from the seminary, about a 25 minute drive. This isn't all bad, though, because I get to really "escape" after classes are over (understood in a good way, okay?) and come home to my Katie. So, what I've decided to do is listen to Podcasts to and from the seminary (Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary). Right now, and for a month or so more, I'll be listening to the History of Rome by Mike Duncan. Kudos goes to my brother Mike for recommending this to me, along with a few others on ancient Greece and the Byzantines.

No comments:

Post a Comment