Friday, February 11, 2011

Moving Day

It's good to be home, wherever that is at the moment...

On February 1st a mötley crew and I manned the cold and made my move happen. There photo is here on the right (with one of them taking the photo). A few days before the weather reports weren't too good, so I was going to play it by ear.

Before 3pm we got nearly all of my boxes and random pieces moved, then around 4 the well oiled machine came and got my furniture loaded and unloaded, unscratched, and during maybe the worst blizzard here this winter. Big thanks goes to the Cates for letting me use their conversion van and for driving their shipping trunk to make this move happen. And I'm glad they got back safe as well.

So by now Katie and I have found a place for our things and are settled in pretty nice. To catch some of you up, we'll be living here in Verona, WI for 6 months. That's longer than the last 3 places we've been (Lodi California, Arcadia Wisconsin, Madison Wisconsin). I'll be serving Resurrection Church here until the end of July, and then its off to Milwaukee again for one last year of seminary (and from there, who knows...).

All this makes me thinking I'm living in a much lazier and more orderly version of Abraham's journeys according to the words of Hebrews 11:8-10, "8 By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. 9 By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. 10 For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God."


No comments:

Post a Comment